The mission of iNeedFood is simple to create an app that enables people to share food freely. I believe no one should go hungry and I know I’m not alone. iNeedFood aims to enable the desire to help with a simple app.
“Together with individuals, charities, businesses and government we can end hunger.“
Facts about poverty and hunger in America
and hunger in every county across America.
- The coronavirus pandemic has left millions of families without stable employment. More than 54 million people, including 18 million children, may experience food insecurity in 2020.
- More than 38 million people are living in poverty in America. In 2019, most families living in poverty earn less than $25,750 per year.
- More than 37 million people struggle with hunger in the United States, including more than 11 million children.
- A household that is food insecure has limited or uncertain access to enough food to support a healthy life.
- Children are more likely to face food insecurity than any other group in the United States.
- More than half (56%) of food-insecure households participated in at least one of the major federal food assistance program — the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps); the National School Lunch Program and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (often called WIC)
Like Martin Luther King jr.
“I have a dream… where no one goes hungry.”
To make this dream a reality, I need your help.
Share, share, share!
Feel free to email me if you care to help,
especially in regards to app development.